The drive was long. It seemed to be never ending and encompassed days on end. Yet in reality it only took 14 hours, over the course of 2 days to reach paradise. And quite frankly, I slept through half of the drive anyhow.

We’re not staying right on Myrtle Beach, yet we are right down the strip at Surfside Beach. I think I like it even more so than when we stayed at Myrtle Beach. It’s quieter, more relaxing. We have a ocean front room on the second floor of our hotel. The walk to the beach is shorter than at any hotel, at any beach I have ever stayed. 10 short feet and you are in the Pacific Ocean. We arrived around 3 and went straight to the water upon arrival and check in. I forgot how warm southern water can be. The water washing up on the shore was boiling under the hot sun. The water was much warming than I’ve been in sometime as we most recently traveled to beaches from Virginia northward.

 photo 10606331_10204615198880784_8196190853713857725_n.jpg

After jumping some waved and getting used to the slight burn of salt in my eyes, we sat along the edge of the water allowing the waves to wash up under our chairs. It was the perfect way to take in the beautiful scene before us.

Deciding it was time to leave the beach, my dad and I took a quick dip in the hot top. The hot water singed our tanning skin until it alleviating the burning sensation and started to sooth.

We took a drive up to the new apparent billion dollar ‘boardwalk’ at Myrtle Beach. It was nothing but a sidewalk, where you could barely see the water. It was nice but not as nice as they let on.

 photo 1604680_10204615201000837_4127815467067000438_n.jpg

 photo 10391375_10204615203440898_1642793084163325979_n.jpg

 photo 10626560_10204615204560926_8703279117733204153_n.jpg

 photo 10609428_10204615204600927_1661630755067579064_n.jpg

We then went to Broadway at the Beach, where all the activity is in Myrtle Beach. We strolled through, smelling the sweet scent of cotton candy in the air as we weaved past the rides and towards the restaurants.

 photo 10409428_10204615299443298_4360859699335018936_n.jpg

 photo 10610691_10204615206040963_1644945215789317909_n.jpg

 photo 10350410_10204615206280969_8442935369618995938_n.jpg

 photo 10592613_10204615293883159_1076448601744222115_n.jpg

 photo 10584000_10204615293843158_9071964768820839491_n.jpg

 photo 10553398_10204615296123215_7505343291330741105_n.jpg

We decided to eat at a burger joint, where we could sit outside and watch all the commotion play out. We saw men playing garbage can drums and people walking around with balloon hats.

 photo 10632864_10204615296083214_7897260198955841028_n.jpg

After dinner it was time for pecan praline samples, which is my moms favorite memory of myrtle beach. They were a sweet little treat, but all you needed was that small free sample you were given. Next it was to Margaritaville, which is my dad’s favorite place to go. Since I am now 21, we sat outside by the tiki bar and enjoyed our salty sour margaritas over the water.

 photo 10547511_10204615301443348_2907571919350550226_n.jpg

 photo 10488216_10204615302923385_6042726730581745604_n.jpg

 photo 10570503_10204615303483399_460187685343750786_n.jpg

It began getting muggy and late, so we decided to head back toward our hotel. When we got back to the hotel we took a short walk on the beach, where we saw firework being shot off close down the beach. Finally it was time to relax on the balcony, listening to the waves crash in and the crickets chirp as I readied myself for bed.